You can now preorder your digital copy of my new collection, Boss Fight! It officially releases on October 18, but if you buy it now it’ll show up on your Kindle (or other device with a supported Kindle app) on that day without you having to do anything.
There will also be a paperback, but Amazon doesn’t yet have a way to do paperback preorders, so you’ll have to wait on that until the 18th.
Also, here’s the cover art, without any text on it, by the lovely and talented Sara Noto:
So, yeah. Boss Fight. Preorder it. You’ll like it.
I know I’m cutting it kind of close, but my new collection, Boss Fight, is just about done. I have to make one or two quick edits to the manuscript, get the final cover, and get it to the publisher. All the editing and typesetting is done, though.
Here, have a table of contents:
- Boss Fight
- The Accumulation of Mere Existence
- Committed to Memory
- Morning Commute
- Five Conversations with Lieutenant Mendez
- The Cessation of Pain
- Dreaming of Suzanne
- My Pillow
- The Healing Process
- Thoughts and Prayers
- You Don’t Bring Me Flowers
- The Wilson Witches
- Dire Diuretics
- Red Star
- The Tape Library
- Faded Glory
Hopefully I’ll see you at Multiverse, October 18-20, 2019, in Atlanta. And if I don’t, that’s okay too.
Hello, friends. Since we last spoke, I’ve been putting the finishing touches on my new collection, Boss Fight and Other Stories, which will be releasing at Multiverse on October 18. You should come.
I have my tentative list of panels and events for Multiverse, but until the official schedule is posted I’m going to keep the times and dates to myself. However, I can tell you that, unless things drastically change, I will be…
- Arguing about who’s the best monster.
- Talking accessibility in the future.
- Getting sex-positive about tabletop RPGs.
- Creating better characterizations for writers and others.
- Reading some of my fiction aloud.
Multiverse has dozens of guests coming, and I’m honored to be a part of that group.
I hope to see you there.
Fellow humans, I will be a guest of Multiversecon 2019, October 18-20 in Atlanta, GA, USA. You should come.
I’ll most probably be talking about writing, and I’ll have a new book as well: Boss Fight and other stories, a collection of 18 tales of aliens, parasites, architecture, and pillows. More news on that as it develops, but my artist is already putting together the cover and it looks great.
My far-future space opera story “Return to Waypoint 5”, first published in Black Denim Lit, has been turned into a pretty amazing full-cast audio production.
This was actually published back in early August, but I’ve been a bit sidetracked lately with work and such.
Here’s an update on what’s going on in the world of my writing:
- I put Six of the Best on a hiatus. The site is down right now but when it comes back I’ll try to get links of all the columns. I may end up just hosting them here.
- I finished writing a novel. The project is titled The Shelit Book until I come up with a suitable name. The first draft is done and my first beta reader has gone through it; I’m now loading it into Scrivener and working on updates and continuity before it goes out to the next beta readers.
- I started a new novel in mid-August and have hit 40,000 words on it. It’s straight-up science fiction, set in the late 3100s.
- I haven’t been writing or submitting much short fiction because I’ve been working on the aforementioned novels.
To those of you who keep checking back: thank you. I’ll try to do some more updating when I have more to update you on.
My scuba-diving sci-fi short-story “113 Feet”, which first ran on Escape Pod, has been reprinted in the new collection The Chronos Chronicles. Time travel enthusiasts should check it out at some point in the future.
No? Just me? Oh well. Read it anyway.